dimanche 3 avril 2011

Castles but No Kings

13 March 2011
            The past two weekends, I have been visiting various castles around the Loire Valley region of France (all within about a 3-4 hour radius from Angers). 
            Each castle seems to be more magical than the first and I cannot believe how lucky I am to be standing where “la noblesse” once lived.  The rooms are all exquisitely decorated in bright colors and each one looks like something out of a movie.  The hallways are drafty and wet and I can imagine how life must have been like for the inhabitants of these “homes” centuries ago.  I believe that for this blog, it is once again much easier to simply show some pictures of some of the castles that we visited.  It certainly was an experience and the pictures cannot even compare to the beauty of the castles themselves.






Henri II's "humble" abode.







I have a feeling that ole Henry probably would NOT have liked this =(



These strange trees are EVERYWHERE here.  I don't really know what happened to them, but they look said.  They have mesmerized me since I first arrived in France.

We don't know what happened to this poor bush.  I hope his hole doesn't keep the other bushes from playing with him.



This is what's France.






DaVinci's invention garden =)


That's right folks:  Bridget and I are SWINGING at Leonardo DiVinci's house.  No biggie =)



I think the role of queen suits me.

I would hate to be this guy.  I wonder what he did. 











Rain, rain, go away!










Ok, so this is a TERRIBLE picture, but this is the CEILING of one of the rooms!!!!











Vive la France!






I was most definitely the muse for this sculpture =)

Proof that they had Vacation Bible School in medieval times =)





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire